Hui Zheng, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Director of Huffington Center on Aging
- Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Postdoctoral, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Mouse model studies of Alzheimer's disease focusing on the amyloid precursor protein and presenilins
- Wang B, Yang L, Wang Z, Zheng H. Amyolid precursor protein mediates presynaptic localization and activity of the high-affinity choline transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007. 104:14140-5.
- Deng Y, Tarassishin L, Kallhoff V, Peethumnongsin E, Wu L, Li Y, Zheng H. Deletion of presenilin 1 hydrophilic loop sequence leads to impaired gamma-secretase activity and exacerbated amyloid pathology. J Neurosci. 2006. 26:3845-54.
- Wang R, Tang P, Wang P, Boissy RE, Zheng H. Regulation of tyrosinase trafficking and processing by presenilins: partial loss of function by familial Alzheimer's disease mutation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006. 103:353-8.
- Wang R, Wang B, He W, Zheng H. Wild-type presenilin protects against Alzheimer's disease mutation-induced amyloid pathology. J Biol Chem. 2006. 281:15330-6.
- Wang P, Yang G, Mosier DR, Chang P, Zaidi T, Gong YD, Zhao NM, Dominguez B, Lee KF, Gan WB, Zheng H. Defective neuromuscular synapses in mice lacking amyloid precursor protein (APP) and APP-like protein 2. J Neurosci. 2005. 25:1219-25.
- Qyang Y, Chambers SM, Wang P, Xia X, Chen X, Goodell MA, Zheng H. Myeloproliferative disease in mice with reduced presenilin gene dosage: effect of gamma-secretase blockage. Biochemistry. 2004. 43(18):5352-9.
- Wang P, Pereira FA, Beasley D, Zheng H. Presenilins are required for the formation of comma- and S-shaped bodies during nephrogenesis. Development. 2003. 130:5019-29.