Ignatia B. Van den Veyver, M.D.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Co-Director of Translational Biology and Molecular Medicine
- M.D., University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Antwerp Affiliated Hospitals, Antwerp, Belgium
- Fellowship, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Clinical Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Epigenetics and nutrition in development
- Imprinting in placenta and hydatidiform moles
- Developmental genetic disorders (Aicardi syndrome, Goltz syndrome)
- Genetic disorders
- Reproductive disorders
- Eble TN, Sutton VR, Sangi-Haghpeykar H, Wang X, Jin W, Lewis RA, Fang P, Van den Veyver IB. Non-random X chromosome inactivation in Aicardi syndrome. Hum Genet. 2009. 125(2):211-6.
- Van den Veyver IB, Patel A, Shaw CA, Pursley AN, Kang SH, Simovich MJ, Ward PA, Darilek S, Johnson A, Neill SE, Bi W, White LD, Eng CM, Lupski JR, Cheung SW, Beaudet AL. Clinical use of array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) for prenatal diagnosis in 300 cases. Prenat Diagn. 2009. 29(1):29-39.
- Wang X, Sutton VR, Eble TN, Lewis RA, Gunaratne P, Patel A, Van den Veyver IB. A genome-wide screen for copy number alterations in Aicardi syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2009. 149A(10):2113-21.
- Kou YC, Shao L, Peng HH, Rosetta R, del Gaudio D, Wagner AF, Al-Hussaini TK, Van den Veyver IB. A recurrent intragenic genomic duplication, other novel mutations in NLRP7 and imprinting defects in recurrent biparental hydatidiform moles. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008. 14(1):33-40.
- Wang X*, Reid Sutton V*, Omar Peraza-Llanes J, Yu Z, Rosetta R, Kou YC, Eble TN, Patel A, Thaller C, Fang P, Van den Veyver IB. Mutations in X-linked PORCN, a putative regulator of Wnt signaling, cause focal dermal hypoplasia. Nat Genet. 2007. 39(7):836-8. (*Equal contribution). Accompanied by News and Views article in Nat Genet. 2007. 39(7):820-1.