H. David Shine, Ph.D.
Department of Neuroscience
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy
- Ph.D., The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston TX
- Postdoctoral, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Molecular neurobiology
- Nervous system regeneration
- Gene therapy of the nervous system
- Grider MH, Park D, Spencer DM, Shine HD. Lipid raft-targeted Akt promotes axonal branching and growth cone expansion via mTOR and Rac1, respectively. J Neurosci Res. 2009. 87(14):3033-42.
- Chen Q, Smith GM, Shine HD. Immune activation is required for NT-3-induced axonal plasticity in chronic spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2008. 209(2):497-509.
- Chen Q, Zhou L, Shine HD. Expression of neurotrophin-3 promotes axonal plasticity in the acute but not chronic injured spinal cord. J Neurotrauma. 2006. 23:1254-60.
- Grider MH, Chen Q, Shine HD. Semi-automated quantification of axonal densities in labeled CNS tissue. J Neurosci Methods. 2006. 155:172-9.
- Grider MH, Mamounas LA, Le W, Shine HD. In situ expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor or neurotrophin-3 promotes sprouting of cortical serotonergic axons following a neurotoxic lesion. J Neurosci Res. 2005. 82:404-12.
- Zhou L, Baumgartner BJ, Hill-Felberg SJ, McGowen LR, Shine HD. Neurotrophin-3 expressed in situ induces axonal plasticity in the adult injured spinal cord. J Neurosci. 2003. 23:1424-31.
- Castro RF, Jackson KA, Goodell MA, Robertson CS, Liu H, Shine HD. Failure of bone marrow cells to transdifferentiate into neural cells in vivo. Science. 2002. 297:1299.