David R. Rowley, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Ph.D., University of Iowa
- Postdoctoral, Baylor College of Medicine
- Mechanisms of reactive stroma in cancer progression
- Gerdes MJ, Larsen M, Dang TD, Ressler SJ, Tuxhorn JA, Rowley DR. Regulation of rat prostate stromal cell myodifferentiation by androgen and TGF-beta1. Prostate. 2004. 58(3):299-307.
- McAlhany SJ, Ayala GE, Frolov A, Ressler SJ, Wheeler TM, Watson JE, Collins C, Rowley DR. Decreased stromal expression and increased epithelial expression of WFDC1/ps20 in prostate cancer is associated with reduced recurrence-free survival. Prostate. 2004. 61(2):182-91.
- Singh H, Dang TD, Ayala GE, Rowley DR. Transforming growth factor-beta1 induced myofibroblasts regulate LNCaP cell death. J Urol. 2004. 172(6 Pt 1):2421-5.
- Ayala G, Tuxhorn JA, Wheeler TM, Frolov A, Scardino PT, Ohori M, Wheeler M, Spitler J, Rowley DR. Reactive stroma as a predictor of biochemical-free recurrence in prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2003. 9(13):4792-801.
- McAlhany SJ, Ressler SJ, Larsen M, Tuxhorn JA, Yang F, Dang TD, Rowley DR. Promotion of angiogenesis by ps20 in the differential reactive stroma prostate cancer xenograft model. Cancer Res. 2003. 63(18):5859-65.
- Tuxhorn JA, Ayala GE, Smith MJ, Smith VC, Dang TD, Rowley DR. Reactive stroma in human prostate cancer: induction of myofibroblast phenotype and extracellular matrix remodeling. Clin Cancer Res. 2002. 8(9):2912-23.
- Tuxhorn JA, McAlhany SJ, Yang F, Dang TD, Rowley DR. Inhibition of transforming growth factor-beta activity decreases angiogenesis in a human prostate cancer-reactive stroma xenograft model. Cancer Res. 2002. 62(21):6021-5.