Mothaffar F. Rimawi, M.D.
Department of Medicine - Hematology and Oncology
Smith Breast Center
- M.D., University of Jordan School of Medicine, Amman, Jordan
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Research Fellowship, Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Targeted therapy and biomarkers in breast cancer
- Breast cancer
- Hormonal therapy
- Friedman LC, Barber CR, Chang J, Tham YL, Kalidas M, Rimawi MF, Dulay MF, Elledge R. Self-blame, self-forgiveness, and spirituality in breast cancer survivors in a public sector setting. Cancer Educ. 2010 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rimawi MF, Shetty PB, Weiss HL, Schiff R, Osborne CK, Chamness GC, Elledge RM. Epidermal growth factor receptor expression in breast cancer association with biologic phenotype and clinical outcomes. Cancer. 2010. 116(5):1234-42.
- Rodriguez AA, Makris A, Wu MF, Rimawi M, Froehlich A, Dave B, Hilsenbeck SG, Chamness GC, Lewis MT, Dobrolecki LE, Jain D, Sahoo S, Osborne CK, Chang JC. DNA repair signature is associated with anthracycline response in triple negative breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010. 123(1):189-96.
- Massarweh S, Osborne CK, Creighton CJ, Qin L, Tsimelzon A, Huang S, Weiss H, Rimawi M, Schiff R. Tamoxifen resistance in breast tumors is driven by growth factor receptor signaling with repression of classic estrogen receptor genomic function. Cancer Res. 2008 Feb 1;68(3):826-33.
- Arpino G, Gutierrez C, Weiss H, Rimawi M, Massarweh S, Bharwani L, De Placido S, Osborne CK, Schiff R. Treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer xenografts with multiagent HER-targeted therapy. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007. 99(9):694-705.
- Schiff R, Massarweh SA, Shou J, Bharwani L, Arpino G, Rimawi M, Osborne CK. Advanced concepts in estrogen receptor biology and breast cancer endocrine resistance: implicated role of growth factor signaling and estrogen receptor coregulators. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2005. 56 Suppl 1:10-20.
- Massarweh S, Osborne CK, Jiang S, Wakeling AE, Rimawi M, Mohsin SK, Hilsenbeck S, Schiff R. Mechanisms of tumor regression and resistance to estrogen deprivation and fulvestrant in a model of estrogen receptor-positive, HER-2/neu-positive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2006. 66(16):8266-73.