Andrew P. Rice, Ph.D.
Nancy Chang Professor
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology
- Ph.D., Brandeis University
- Postdoctoral, Imperial Cancer Research Fund Laboratory, London
- Influenza virus pathogenesis
- Dow EC, Liu H, Rice AP. T-loop phosphorylated Cdk9 localizes to nuclear speckle domains which may serve as sites of active P-TEFb function and exchange between the Brd4 and 7SK/HEXIM1 regulatory complexes. J Cell Physiol. 2010. 224(1):84-93.
- Ramakrishnan R, Dow EC, Rice AP. Characterization of Cdk9 T-loop phosphorylation in resting and activated CD4(+) T lymphocytes. J Leukoc Biol. 2009. 86(6):1345-50.
- Sung TL, Rice AP. miR-198 inhibits HIV-1 gene expression and replication in monocytes and its mechanism of action appears to involve repression of cyclin T1. PLoS Pathog. 2009. 5(1):e1000263.
- Wang Y, Dow EC, Liang YY, Ramakrishnan R, Liu H, Sung TL, Lin X, Rice AP. Phosphatase PPM1A regulates phosphorylation of Thr-186 in the Cdk9 T-loop. J Biol Chem. 2008. 283(48):33578-84.
- Yu W, Ramakrishnan R, Wang Y, Chiang K, Sung TL, Rice AP. Cyclin T1-dependent genes in activated CD4 T and macrophage cell lines appear enriched in HIV-1 co-factors. PLoS One. 2008. 3(9):e3146.
- Sung TL, Rice AP. Effects of prostratin on Cyclin T1/P-TEFb function and the gene expression profile in primary resting CD4+ T cells. Retrovirology. 2006. 3:66.
- Yu W, Wang Y, Shaw CA, Qin XF, Rice AP. Induction of the HIV-1 Tat co-factor cyclin T1 during monocyte differentiation is required for the regulated expression of a large portion of cellular mRNAs. Retrovirology. 2006. 3:32.