Mary E. Paul, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology
- M.D., The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, TX
- Residency, Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Allergy and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- HIV disease progression in infants and children
- Behavioral aspects of HIV in youth including disclosure, transmission risk reduction and adherence to HAART
- Complications of HIV infection
- Prevention and treatment of HIV in infants, children and adolescents
- Allergic diseases in children
- Primary Immunodeficiency
- Foster SB, Paul ME, Kozinetz CA, Macias CG, Shearer WT. Prevalence of asthma in children and young adults with HIV infection. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007. 119(3):750-2.
- Paul ME, Chantry CJ, Read JS, Frederick MM, Lu M, Pitt J, Turpin DB, Cooper ER, Handelsman EL. Morbidity and mortality during the first two years of life among uninfected children born to human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected women: the women and infants transmission study. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005. 24(1):46-56.
- Paul ME, Mao C, Charurat M, Serchuck L, Foca M, Hayani K, Handelsman EL, Diaz C, McIntosh K, Shearer WT; Women and Infants Transmission Study. Predictors of immunologic long-term nonprogression in HIV-infected children: implications for initiating therapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005. 115(4):848-55.
- Hitti J, Frenkel LM, Stek AM, Nachman SA, Baker D, Gonzalez-Garcia A, Provisor A, Thorpe EM, Paul ME, Foca M, Gandia J, Huang S, Wei LJ, Stevens LM, Watts DH, McNamara J; PACTG 1022 Study Team. Maternal toxicity with continuous nevirapine in pregnancy: results from PACTG 1022. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2004. 36(3):772-6.
- LaMonte AC, Paul ME, Read JS, Frederick MM, Erdman DD, Han LL, Anderson LJ; Women and Infants Transmission Study. Persistent parvovirus B19 infection without the development of chronic anemia in HIV-infected and -uninfected children: the Women and Infants Transmission Study. J Infect Dis. 2004. 189(5):847-51.
- Paul ME, Shearer WT, Kozinetz CA, Lewis DE. Comparison of CD8(+) T-cell subsets in HIV-infected rapid progressor children versus non--rapid progressor children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2001. 108(2):258-64.
- Paul ME. The immune system in vertical HIV infection: the immune response and disease progression. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1997. 13(1):1-4.