C. Kent Osborne, M.D.
Department of Medicine - Hematology and Oncology
Director of Smith Breast Center
Director of Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center
Lab Web Site: Osborne-Schiff Lab
- M.D., University of Missouri Medical School
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Medical Oncology and Breast Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute
- Mechanisms of tamoxifen-resistance in breast cancer cells
- Breast cancer treatment
- Arpino G, Gutierrez C, Weiss H, Rimawi M, Massarweh S, Bharwani L, De Placido D, Osborne CK, Schiff R. Eradication of ER-positive/HER2 overexpressing breast cancer xenografts with the combination of ER targeted therapy and complete blockade of the HER signaling pathway. JNCI. 2007. 99:694-705.
- Linden HM, Haskell CM, Green SJ, Osborne CK, Sledge Jr GW, Shapiro CL, Ingle JN, Lew D, Hutchins LF, Livingston RB. Sequenced compared with simultaneous anthracycline and cyclophosphamide in high-risk stage I and II breast cancer: final analysis from INT-0137 (S9313). JCO. 2007. 25:656-61.
- Divisova J, Kuiatse I, Lazard Z, Weiss H, Vreeland F, Hadsell DL, Schiff R, Osborne CK, Lee AV. The growth hormone receptor antagonist pegvisomant blocks both mammary gland development and MCF-7 breast cancer xenograft growth. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006. 98:315-27.
- Ma X-J, Hilsenbeck SG, Wang W, Ding L, Sgroi DC, Bender RA, Osborne CK, Allred DC, Erlander MG. The HOXB13:IL17BR expression index is a prognostic factor in early stage breast sancer. JCO. 2006. 24:4611-9.
- Martin MD, Hilsenbeck SG, Mohsin SK, Hopp TA, Clark GM, Osborne CK, Allred DC, O’Connell P. Breast tumors that overexpress nuclear metastasis-associated 1 (MTA1) protein have high recurrence risks but enhanced responses to systemic therapies. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2006. 95:7-12.
- Masserweh S, Osborne CK, Shou J, Wakeling AE, Rimawi M, Mohsin SK, Hilsenbeck S, Schiff R. Mechanisms of tumor regression and resistance to estrogen deprivation and fulvestrant in a model of rstrogen teceptor-positive, HER-2/neu-positive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2006. 66:8266-73.
- Wang LH, Yang XY, Zhang X, An P, Kim HJ, Huang J, Clarke R, Osborne CK, Inman JK, Appella E, Farrar WL. Disruption of estrogen receptor DNA-binding domain and related intramolecular communication restores tamoxifen sensitivity in resistant breast cancer. Cancer Cell. 2006. 10:487-99.
E-mail this page to a friend