Bert W. O'Malley, M.D.
Professor and Chair
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
- M.D., Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Residency, Endocrinology, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Hormone action
- Coactivator function
- Eukaryotic gene expression
- Gene therapy
- Long W, Yi P, Amazit L, LaMarca HL, Ashcroft F, Kumar R, Mancini MA, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW. SRC-3Delta4 mediates the interaction of EGFR with FAK to promote cell migration. Mol Cell. 2010. 37(3):321-32.
- Chopra AR, Louet JF, Saha P, An J, Demayo F, Xu J, York B, Karpen S, Finegold M, Moore D, Chan L, Newgard CB, O'Malley BW. Absence of the SRC-2 coactivator results in a glycogenopathy resembling Von Gierke's disease. Science. 2008. 322(5906):1395-9.
- Yi P, Feng Q, Amazit L, Lonard DM, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW. Atypical protein kinase C regulates dual pathways for degradation of the oncogenic coactivator SRC-3/AIB1. Mol Cell. 2008. 29(4):465-76.
- Lonard DM, O'Malley BW. Nuclear receptor coregulators: judges, juries, and executioners of cellular regulation. Mol Cell. 2007. 27(5):691-700.
- Wu RC, Feng Q, Lonard DM, O'Malley BW. SRC-3 coactivator functional lifetime is regulated by a phospho-dependent ubiquitin time clock. Cell. 2007. 129(6):1125-40.
- Li X, Lonard DM, Jung SY, Malovannaya A, Feng Q, Qin J, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW. The SRC-3/AIB1 coactivator is degraded in a ubiquitin- and ATP-independent manner by the REGgamma proteasome. Cell. 2006. 124(2):381-92.
- Oñate SA, Tsai SY, Tsai MJ, O'Malley BW. Sequence and characterization of a coactivator for the steroid hormone receptor superfamily. Science. 1995. 270(5240):1354-7.