Bhagavatula Moorthy, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Neonatology
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Research Associate, Department of Pharmacology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Role and regulation of cytochrome P450 in chemical carcinogenesis and chemical atherogenesis
- Mechanisms of lung injury and inflammation by hyperoxia
- Role of transcription factors in oxidative stress and cancer
- Respiratory system disorders
- Vascular system disorders
- Moorthy B, Muthiah K, Fazili IS, Kondraganti SR, Wang L, Couroucli XI, Jiang W. 3-Methylcholanthrene elicits DNA adduct formation in the CYP1A1 promoter region and attenuates reporter gene expression in rat H4IIE cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007. 354:1071-7.
- Couroucli XI, Wei Y-H, Jiang W, Barrios R, Moorthy B. Attenuation of oxygen-induced lung maturation in rats by retinoic acid: possible role of cytochrome P4501A enzymes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006. 317:946-54.
- Couroucli XI, WeiY-H, Jiang W, Evey LW, Barrios R, Moorthy B. Modulation of pulmonary cytochrome P4501A1 expression by hyperoxia and inhaled nitric oxide in the newborn rat: implications for lung injury. Pediatr Res. 2006. 59:401-6.
- Das A, Kole L, Wang L, Barrios R, Moorthy B, Jaiswal AK. BALT development and augmentation of hyperoxic lung injury in mice deficient in NQO1 and NQO2. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006. 40:1843-56.
- Kondraganti SR, Muthiah K, Jiang W, Barrios R, Moorthy B. Effects of 3-methylcholanthrene on gene expression profiling in the rat using cDNA microarray analyses. Chem Res Toxicol. 2005. 18:1634-41.
- Ramos KS, Moorthy B. Bioactivation of polycylic aromatic hydrocarbons carcinogens within the vascular wall: implications for human atherogenesis. Drug Metab Rev. 2005. 37:595-610.
- Sinha A, Muthiah K, Jiang W, Couroucli X, Barrios R, Moorthy B. Attenuation of hyperoxic lung injury by the CYP1A inducer beta-naphthoflavone. Toxicol Sci. 2005. 87:204-12.