Martha P. Mims, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Medicine - Hematology and Oncology
- Ph.D., Rice University, Houston, TX
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Hematology and Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Genetic risk factors for prostate cancer
- Role of oxidative stress in cancer risk
- Iron metabolism
- Hematology and oncology
- Kamble R, Mims MP. Iron-overload in long-term survivors of hematopoietic transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2006. 37:805-6.
- Kamble R, Selby S, Mims M, Kharfan-Dabaja M, Ozer H and George J. Iron overload manifesting as apparent exacerbation of hepatic graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplant. 2006. 12:506-10.
- Mims MP, Hayes TG, Zheng S, Leal SM, Frolov A, Ittmann M, Wheeler , Prchal JT. Mitochondrial DNA G10398A polymorphism and invasive breast cancer in African-American women. Cancer Research. 2006. 66:1880.
- Pospisilova D, Mims MP*, Nemeth E, Ganz T, Prchal JT (*corresponding author). DMT1 mutation: response of anemia to darbepoetin administration, implications for hepcidin regulation. Blood. 2006. 108:404-5.
- Tahir SA, Frolov A, Hayes TG, Mims MP, Miles BJ, Lerner SP, Wheeler TM, Ayala G, Thompson TC, Kadmon D. Preoperative serum Caveolin-1 as a prognostic marker for recurrence in a radical prostatectomy cohort. Clinical Cancer Research. 2006. 12:4872-5.
- Mims MP, Guan Y, Prchal JT, D. Pospisilova, Priwitzerova M, Indrak K, Ponka P and Divoky V. Identification of the first human mutation of DMT1 (Nramp2) in a patient with microcytic anemia and iron overload. Blood. 2005. 105:1337-42.
- Mims MP, Prchal JT. Human DMT1 mutation and mechanism for increased absorption. Blood. 2005. 106:2221-2.