Seth P. Lerner, M.D.
Department of Urology
Chair of Urologic Oncology
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency, Surgery, Virginia Mason Hospital, Seattle, WA
- Residency, Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Urologic Oncology, USC School of Medicine
- Role of estrogen receptors and the use of selective estrogen receptor modulators (e.g., tamoxifen) for treatment of bladder cancer
- Novel targeted therapeutics and gene therapy for treatment of non-muscle-invasive and invasive disease
- Outcome of treatments for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer and radical cystectomy and development of predictive models
- Bladder cancer screening for high-risk subjects
- Tissue engineering and development of "off the shelf replacement parts" for urinary tract reconstruction
- Urologic oncology and urinary tract reconstruction
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Management of patients with bladder, testicular and kidney cancer
- Lawrentschuk N, Colombo R, Hakenberg OW, Lerner SP, Månsson W, Sagalowsky A, Wirth MP. Prevention and Management of Complications Following Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer. Eur Urol. 2010 Feb 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lerner SP, Grossman HB, Messing EM, Kibel AS, Stephenson A, Gee JR, O'Donnell MA, Reid RD, Kamat AM, Parnes HL, House MG. BCAN Think Tank session 3: Prevention of bladder cancer. Urol Oncol. 2010. 28(3):338-42.
- Levitt JM, Yamashita H, Jian W, Lerner SP, Sonpavde G. Dasatinib is preclinically active against Src-overexpressing human transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium with activated Src signaling. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010. 9(5):1128-35.
- Novara G, Svatek RS, Karakiewicz PI, Skinner E, Ficarra V, Fradet Y, Lotan Y, Isbarn H, Capitanio U, Bastian PJ, Kassouf W, Fritsche HM, Izawa JI, Tilki D, Dinney CP, Lerner SP, Schoenberg M, Volkmer BG, Sagalowsky AI, Shariat SF. Soft tissue surgical margin status is a powerful predictor of outcomes after radical cystectomy: a multicenter study of more than 4,400 patients. J Urol. 2010. 183(6):2165-70.
- Rabbani F, Lee C, Chang SS, Lerner SP, Wood DP, Herr HW. Accuracy of the extent of bladder cancer nodal metastases found at pelvic lymphadenectomy at the time of cystectomy: relation to primary tumor stage. Urol Int. 2010. 84(1):14-22.
- Shariat SF, Svatek RS, Tilki D, Skinner E, Karakiewicz PI, Capitanio U, Bastian PJ, Volkmer BG, Kassouf W, Novara G, Fritsche HM, Izawa JI, Ficarra V, Lerner SP, Sagalowsky AI, Schoenberg MP, Kamat AM, Dinney CP, Lotan Y, Marberger MJ, Fradet Y. International validation of the prognostic value of lymphovascular invasion in patients treated with radical cystectomy. BJU Int. 2010. 105(10):1402-12.
- Sturgeon CM, Duffy MJ, Hofmann BR, Lamerz R, Fritsche HA, Gaarenstroom K, Bonfrer J, Ecke TH, Grossman HB, Hayes P, Hoffmann RT, Lerner SP, Löhe F, Louhimo J, Sawczuk I, Taketa K, Diamandis EP; National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory Medicine Practice Guidelines for use of tumor markers in liver, bladder, cervical, and gastric cancers. Clin Chem. 2010. 56(6):e1-48.