Thomas A. Kent, M.D.
Department of Neurology
Chief of Neurology, Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- M.D., University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Psychiatry, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Residency, Neurology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Fellowship, Neurovascular Regulation of Cerebral Blood Flow, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Fellowship, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Cerebrovascular regulation following experimental stroke
- Molecular interactions in synaptic plasticity
- New image analysis techniques
- Acute stroke therapies
- Diabetes and stroke
- Interface of neurological and psychiatric illness in regulation of behavior
- Fabian RH, Perez-Polo RJ, Kent TA. A decoy oligonucleotide inhibiting NF-κB binding to the IgGκB consensus site reduces cerebral injury and apoptosis in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. J Neurosci Res. 2007. 85:1420-6.
- Martini SR, Kent TA. Hyperglycemia in acute ischemic stroke: a vascular perspective. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2007. 27(3):435-51.
- Simard JM, Kent TA, Chen M, Tarasov KV, Gerzanich V. Brain oedema in focal ischaemia: molecular pathophysiology and theoretical implications. Lancet Neurol. 2007. 6(3):258-68.
- Martini S, Hill MD, Alexandrov A, Molina C, Kent TA. Hyperglycemia and outcome in the CLOTBUST trial. Neurology. 2006. 67:700-2.
- Fabian RH, Perez-Polo JR, Kent TA. Extracellular superoxide increases following hypoxia/hyperoxia but does not affect cerebral blood flow. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2004. 22:225-30.
- Chu D, Qiu J, Grafe M, Fabian R, Kent TA, Rassin D, Nesic O, Werrbach-Perez K and Perez-Polo R. Delayed cell death signaling in traumatized central nervous system: hypoxia. Neurochem Res. 2002. 27:97-106.
- Hillman GR, Ying H, Kent TA, Yen J. A 2 stage fuzzy logic MRI segmentation method. International Journal of Fuzzy Systems. 2002. 4:873-82.