Richard L. Hurwitz, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Hematology and Oncology
Director od Retinoblastoma Center, Texas Children's Cancer Center and Hematology Service
- M.D., Albany Medical College
- Fellowship, University of Minnesota Hospitals
- Fellowship, University of Washington
- Gene therapy
- Retinal degeneration
- Pediatric hematology-oncology
- Inherited ocular disorders
- Chaudhuri S-R, Mallam JN, Chévez-Barrios P, Wadhwa L, Ng P, Hurwitz MY, Hurwitz RL. Modulation of adenoviral transduction in vitro and in vivo by hyaluronan and its receptor CD44. Molecular Therapy. 2007. 15:566-70.
- Chong E-M, Coffee RE, Chintagumpala M, Hurwitz RL, Hurwitz MY, Chévez-Barrios P. Extensively necrotic retinoblastoma is associated with high risk prognostic factors. Arch Path and Lab Med. 2006.130:1669-72.
- Chévez-Barrios P, Chintagumpala M, Mieler W, Paysse E, Boniuk M, Kozinetz C, Hurwitz MY, Hurwitz RL. Response of retinoblastoma with vitreous tumor seeding to adenovirus-mediated delivery of thymidine kinase followed by ganciclovir. J Clinical Oncology. 2005. 23:7929-35.
- Hurwitz RL, Shields CL, Shields JA, Chévez-Barrios P, Hurwitz MY, Chintagumpala MM. Retinoblastoma, in PA Pizzo and DG Poplack eds. Principles and practice of pediatric oncology (4th edition). Lippincott-Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2005, pp 861-82.
- Mallam J, Hurwitz M., Mahoney T, Chévez-Barrios P, Hurwitz R.L. Efficient gene transfer into retinal cells using adenoviral vectors: Dependence on receptor expression. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004. 45:1680-7.
- Suber ML, Hurwitz MY, Chévez-Barrios P, Hurwitz RL. Immune consequences of intraocular administration of modified adenoviral vectors. Human Gene Therapy. 2001. 12:833-8.
- Chévez-Barrios P, Hurwitz MY, Louie K, Marcus KT, Holcombe VN, Schafer P, Aguilar-Cordova E, Hurwitz RL. Metastatic and non-metastatic models of retinoblastoma. American Journal of Pathology. 2000. 157:1405-12.