Rachelle S. Doody, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Neurology
Effie Marie Cain Chair in Alzheimer's Disease Research
Director of Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders Center
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Internship, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Residency, Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Ph.D., Rice University, Houston, TX
- Alzheimer disease progression, modeling, treatment, methodology
- Memory disorders
- Alzheimer's disease
- Other dementias
- O'Bryant SE, Xiao G, Barber R, Reisch J, Doody R, Fairchild T, Adams P, Waring S, Diaz-Arrastia R; for TARC. A serum protein-based algorithm for the detection of Alzheimer’s disease. Arch Neuro. In press.
- Doody R, Pavlik V, Massman P, Rountree S, Darby E, Chan W. Predicting progression of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's Research and Therapy. 2010. 2:2. doi:10.1186/alzrt.25.
- Doody R, Ferris S, Salloway S, Sun Y, Goldman R, Xu Y, Murthy A. Donepezil treatment of patients with mild cognitive impairment: a 48-week, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Neurology. 2009. 72(18):1555-61.
- Pavlik V, Doody R, Rountree S, Darby E. Vitamin E is associated with improved survival in an AD cohort. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders. 2009. 28:536-40.
- Rountree SD, Chan W, Pavlik V, Darby E, Siddiqui S, Doody R. Persistent treatment with cholinesterase inhibitors and memantine slows clinical progression of Alzheimer's disease (AD). Alzheimer's Research and Therapy. 2009. 1:7 doi:10.1186/alzrt7.
- Doody RS. We should not distinguish between symptomatic and disease-modifying treatments in Alzheimer's disease drug development. Alzheimer's & Dementia. 2008. 4(1):S21-5.
- Doody R, Gavrilova S, Sano M, Thomas R, Aisen P, Bachurin S, Seely L, Hung D. Dimebon improves cognition, behavior, activities of daily living, and global function in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 6 month study of patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease. Lancet. 2008. 372:207-15.