John A. Dani, Ph.D.
Department of Neuroscience
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Function of antidepressants
- Rational drug design
- Dani JA, Bertrand D. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and nicotinic cholinergic mechanisms of the central nervous system. Annual Reviews Pharmacology Toxicology. 2007. 47:699-729.
- Dani JA, Montague PR. Disrupting addiction through the loss of drug-associated internal states. Nature Neuroscience. 2007. 10:403-4.
- Pidoplichko VI, Dani JA. Acid-sensitive ionic channels in midbrain dopamine neurons are sensitive to ammonium, which may contribute to hyperammonemia damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006. 103:11376-80.
- Dani JA, Harris RA. Nicotine addiction and comorbidity with alcohol abuse and mental illness. Nature Neuroscience. 2005. 8:1465-70.
- Ge S, Dani JA. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors at glutamate synapses facilitate long-term depression or potentiation. J Neuroscience. 2005. 25:6084-91.
- Zhou FM, Liang Y, Salas R, Zhang L, De Biasi M, Dani JA. Corelease of dopamine and serotonin from striatal dopamine terminals. Neuron. 2005. 46:65-74.
- Zhou FM, Liang Y, Dani JA. Endogenous nicotinic cholinergic activity regulates dopamine release in the striatum. Nature Neuroscience. 2001. 4:1224-9.