Lawrence C. B. Chan, M.B., D.Sc.
Professor and Chief
Department of Medicine - Diabetes, Endocrinology
- M.B., D.Sc., University of Hong Kong
- Postdoctoral, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Molecular mechanisms of dyslipidemia and diabetes
- RNA editing
- Chang BH, Chan L. Emerging role of lipid droplet protein ADFP in health and disease. Am J Physiol Gastroinest Liver Physiol. 2007. 292:G1465-8.
- Fujimiya M, Kojima H, Ichinose M, Arai R, Kimura H, Kashiwagi A, Chan L. Fusion of proinsulin-producing bone marrow-derived cells with hepatocytes in diabetes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007. 104:4030-5.
- Oka K, Belalcazar LM, Dieker C, Nour EA, Nuno-Gonzalez P, Paul A, Cormier S, Shin J-K, Finegold M, Chan L. Sustained phenotypic correction in a mouse model of hypoalphalipoproteinemia with a helper-dependent adenovirus vector. Gene Therapy. 2007. 14:191-202.
- Tao L, Gao E, Jiao X, Yuan Y, Li S, Christopher TA, Lopez BL, Koch W, Chan L, Goldstein BJ, Ma XL. Adiponectin cardioprotection after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion involves the reduction of oxidative/nitrative stress. Circulation. 2007. 115:1408-16.
- Wu H, Ghosh S, Perrard XD, Feng L, Garcia GE, Perrard JL, Sweeney JF, Peterson LE, Chan L, Smith CW, Ballantyne CM. T-cell accumulation and regulated on activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted upregulation in adipose tissue in obesity. Circulation. 2007. 115:1029-38.
- Chang BH-J, Li L, Paul A, Taniguchi S, Nannegari V, Heird WC, Chan L. Protection against fatty liver but normal adipogenesis in mice lacking adipose differentiation related protein (ADFP). Mol Cell Biol. 2006. 26:1063-76.
- Ma K, Saha PK, Chan L, Moore DD. Farnesoid X receptor is essential for normal glucose homeostasis. J Clin Inves. 2006. 116:1102-9.