Daniel G. Glaze, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Neurology and Developmental Neuroscience
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Residency, Child Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- Primary interests in epilepsy, sleep disorders, and Rett Syndrome
- Neurophysiological manifestations of Rett Syndrome with focus upon sleep and seizure problems
- Sleep disorders in children
- Rett syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Skinner S, Motil KJ, Neul JL, Barrish JO, Lane JB, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Lee HS. Epilepsy and the natural history of Rett syndrome. Neurology. 2010; 74(11):909-12.
- Kirby RS, Lane JB, Childers J, Skinner SA, Annese F, Barrish JO, Glaze DG, Macleod P, Percy AK. Longevity in Rett syndrome: analysis of the North American Database. J Pediatr. 2010; 156(1):135-138.e1.
- Ramocki MB, Peters SU, Tavyev YJ, Zhang F, Carvalho CM, Schaaf CP, Richman R, Fang P, Glaze DG, Lupski JR, Zoghbi HY. Autism and other neuropsychiatric symptoms are prevalent in individuals with MeCP2 duplication syndrome. Ann Neurol. 2009; 66(6):771-82.
- Percy AK, Lee HS, Neul JL, Lane JB, Skinner SA, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Glaze DG. Profiling scoliosis in Rett syndrome. Pediatr Res. 2009.
- Samaco RC, Mandel-Brehm C, Chao HT, Ward CS, Fyffe-Maricich SL, Ren J, Hyland K, Thaller C, Maricich SM, Humphreys P, Greer JJ, Percy A, Glaze DG, Zoghbi HY, Neul JL. Loss of MeCP2 in aminergic neurons causes cell-autonomous defects in neurotransmitter synthesis and specific behavioral abnormalities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106(51):21966-71.
- Motil KJ, Morrissey M, Caeg E, Barrish JO, Glaze DG. Gastrostomy placement improves height and weight gain in girls with Rett syndrome. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009; 49(2):237-42.
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Motil KJ, Lane JB, Isaacs JS, Schultz RJ, Barrish JO, Neul JL, O'Brien WE, Smith EO. A study of the treatment of Rett syndrome with folate and betaine. J Child Neurol. 2009; 24(5):551-6.
- Motil KJ, Ellis KJ, Barrish JO, Caeg E, Glaze DG. Bone mineral content and bone mineral density are lower in older than in younger females with Rett syndrome. Pediatr Res. 2008; 64(4):435-9.
- Neul JL, Fang P, Barrish J, Lane J, Caeg EB, Smith EO, Zoghbi H, Percy A, Glaze DG. Specific mutations in methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 confer different severity in Rett syndrome. Neurology. 2008; 70(16):1313-21.