Susan L. Samson, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Medicine-Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Ph.D., Molecular Genetics, University of Calgary, Canada
- M.D., Queen's University, Canada
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Calgary, Canada
- Fellowship, Endocrinology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Beta cell proliferation and regeneration
- Wnt signaling and beta cell function
- Glucagon-like peptide I analogues and glucose metabolism
- Pituitary disorders
- Cushing's syndrome
- Samson SL. Incretin therapies for type 2 diabetes: the liver takes a bow. Treatment Strategies: Diabetes. 2011, in press.
- Samson SL, Sathyanarayana P, Jogi M, Gonzalez EV, Absalon Gutierrez, Ramkumar Krishnamurthy, Raja Muthupillai, Chan L, Bajaj M. Exenatide decreases hepatic fibroblast growth factor 21 resistance in NAFLD. Diabetologia. 2011, in press.
- Sathyanarayana P, Jogi M, Muthupillai R, Samson S, Bajaj M. Effects of combined Exenatide and Pioglitazone therapy on hepatic fat content in Type 2 diabetes. Obesity. 2011, in press.
- Samson SL, Kohjima M, Chan L. A fine balance: an autoregulatory gene therapy approach to treat obesity and achieve energy homeostasis. Gene Ther. 2009 Oct;16(10):1175-7.
- Yang Y, Chang BH, Samson SL, Li MV, Chan L. The Krüppel-like zinc finger protein Glis3 directly and indirectly activates insulin gene transcription. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009 May;37(8):2529-38.
- Yechoor V, Liu V, Paul A, Lee J, Buras E, Ozer K, Samson S, Chan L. Gene therapy with neurogenin 3 and betacellulin reverses major metabolic problems in insulin-deficient diabetic mice. Endocrinology. 2009 Nov;150(11):4863-73.
- Samson SL, Gonzalez EV, Yechoor V, Bajaj M, Oka K, Chan L. Gene therapy for diabetes: metabolic effects of helper-dependent adenoviral exendin 4 expression in a diet-induced obesity mouse model. Mol Ther. 2008 Nov;16(11):1805-12.