Huaizhu Wu, M.D.
Department of Medicine - Atherosclerosis and Vascular Medicine
- M.D., Weifang Medical College, Weifang, China
- Postdoctoral Associate, Section of Atherosclerosis and Lipoprotein Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Research Postdoctoral Fellow (NIH training program), Section of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Role of inflammation associated with dyslipidemia and obesity in the development of atherosclerosis and diabetes
- Inflammation in human obesity with human specimens such as adipose tissue, leukocytes and plasma
- Wu H, Perrard XD, Wang Q, Perrard JL, Polsani VR, Jones PH, Smith CW, Ballantyne CM. CD11c expression in adipose tissue and blood and its role in diet-induced obesity. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010. 30(2):186-92.
- Wu H, Ballantyne CM. Inflammation, adipose tissue, and T cells: what is the "straight skinny" on lean versus fat mice? Circ Res. 2009. 105(2):e3-4.
- Wu H, Gower RM, Wang H, Perrard XY, Ma R, Bullard DC, Burns AR, Paul A, Smith CW, Simon SI, Ballantyne CM. Functional role of CD11c+ monocytes in atherogenesis associated with hypercholesterolemia. Circulation. 2009. 119(20):2708-17.
- Wu H, Ghosh S, Perrard XD, Feng L, Garcia GE, Perrard JL, Sweeney JF, Peterson LE, Chan L, Smith CW, Ballantyne CM. T-cell accumulation and regulated on activation, normal T cell expressed and secreted upregulation in adipose tissue in obesity. Circulation. 2007. 115(8):1029-38.
- Vasudevan AR, Wu H, Xydakis AM, Jones PH, Smith EO, Sweeney JF, Corry DB, Ballantyne CM. Eotaxin and obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006. 91(1):256-61.
- Wu H, Rodgers JR, Perrard XY, Perrard JL, Prince JE, Abe Y, Davis BK, Dietsch G, Smith CW, Ballantyne CM. Deficiency of CD11b or CD11d results in reduced staphylococcal enterotoxin-induced T cell response and T cell phenotypic changes. J Immunol. 2004. 173(1):297-306.
- Wu H, Prince JE, Brayton CF, Shah C, Zeve D, Gregory SH, Smith CW, Ballantyne CM. Host resistance of CD18 knockout mice against systemic infection with Listeria monocytogenes. Infect Immun. 2003. 71(10):5986-93.