M. Waleed Gaber, Ph.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Hematology and Oncology
- Ph.D., University College London
- Postdoctoral, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Animal Imaging of microvascular changes caused by tumor and radiotherapy
- Merchant TE, Li C, Xiong X, Gaber MW. Cytokine and growth factor responses after radiotherapy for localized ependymoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009. 74(1):159-67.
- Ansari R, Gaber MW, Wang B, Pattillo CB, Miyamoto C, Kiani MF. Anti-TNFA (TNF-alpha) treatment abrogates radiation-induced changes in vacular density and tissue oxygenation. Radiat Res. 2007. 167(1):80-6.
- Gaber MW, Aziz AM, Shang X, Penmetsa R, Sabek OM, Yen MR, Gaber LW, Moore LW, Gaber AO. Changes in abdominal wounds following treatment with sirolimus and steroids in a rat model. Transplant Proc. 2006. 38(10):3331-2.
- Gaber MW, Yuan H, Killmar JT, Naimark MD, Kiani MF, Merchant TE. An intravital microscopy study of radiation-induced changes in permeability and leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions in the microvessels of the rat pia mater and cremaster muscle. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc. 2004. 13(1):1-10.
- Gaber MW, Sabek OM, Fukatsu K, Wilcox HG, Kiani MF, Merchant TE. Differences in ICAM-1 and TNF-alpha expression between large single fraction and fractionated irradiation in mouse brain. Int J Radiat Biol. 2003. 79(5):359-66.