Mandeep Bajaj, M.D.
Department of Medicine - Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism
- M.D., All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Fellowship, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA
- Fellowship, Endocrinology, Harvard Medical School - Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance – pathophysiology
- Effect of FFA on hepatic and peripheral (muscle) insulin resistance and skeletal muscle insulin signaling
- Vascular and inflammatory effects of adipocytokines
- Molecular mechanisms of adiponectin action
- Relationship between hepatic/intramyocellular fat content and insulin action
- Cholesterol and other lipid disorders
- Obesity and thyroid disease
- Samson SL, Gonzalez EV, Yechoor V, Bajaj M, Oka K, Chan L. Gene therapy for diabetes: metabolic effects of helper-dependent adenoviral exendin 4 expression in a diet-induced obesity mouse model. Mol Ther. 2008. 16(11):1805-12.
- Bajaj M, Medina-Navarro R, Suraamornkul S, Meyer C, DeFronzo RA, Mandarino LJ. Paradoxical changes in muscle gene expression in insulin-resistant subjects after sustained reduction in plasma free fatty acid concentration. Diabetes. 2007. 56(3):743-52.
- Bajaj M, Suraamornkul S, Hardies LJ, Glass L, Musi N, DeFronzo RA. Effects of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha and PPAR-gamma agonists on glucose and lipid metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2007. 50(8):1723-31.
- Cusi K, Kashyap S, Gastaldelli A, Bajaj M, Cersosimo E. Effects on insulin secretion and insulin action of a 48-h reduction of plasma free fatty acids with acipimox in nondiabetic subjects genetically predisposed to type 2 diabetes. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007. 292(6):E1775-81.
- Petersen JR, Finley JB, Okorodudu AO, Mohammad AA, Grady JJ, Bajaj M. Effect of point-of-care on maintenance of glycemic control as measured by A1C. Diabetes Care. 2007. 30(3):713-5.
- Bajaj M, Ben-Yehuda O. A big fat wedding: association of adiponectin with coronary vascular lesions. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006. 48(6):1163-5.
- Briones M, Bajaj M. Exenatide: a GLP-1 receptor agonist as novel therapy for Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2006. 7(8):1055-64.