Frederick A. Pereira, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
Huffington Center on Aging
- Ph.D., University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
- Postdoctoral, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Enhance, protect or regenerate hair cells, supporting cells and associated neurons in the mammalian inner ear and auditor cortex that are lost with age
- Signaling pathways that modulate inner ear and brain function
- Orphan nuclear receptors, miRNAs and SLCc26A proteins
- Bioinformatic studies of stem cell and cancer cell transcriptomes
- Disorders of auditory and neuronal function
- Glial cell cancers
- Montemayor C, Montemayor OA, Ridgeway A, Lin F, Wheeler DA, Pletcher SD, Pereira FA. Genome-wide analysis of binding sites and direct target genes of the orphan nuclear receptor NR2F1/COUP-TFI. PLoS One. 2010. 5(1):e8910.
- Rajagopalan L, Organ-Darling LE, Liu H, Davidson AL, Raphael RM, Brownell WE, Pereira FA. Glycosylation regulates prestin cellular activity. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2010. 11(1):39-51
- Xia A, Gao SS, Yuan T, Osborn A, Bress A, Pfister M, Maricich SM, Pereira FA, Oghalai JS. Deficient forward transduction and enhanced reverse transduction in the alpha tectorin C1509G human hearing loss mutation. Dis Model Mech. 2010. 3(3-4):209-23.
- Minor JS, Tang HY, Pereira FA, Alford RL. DNA sequence analysis of SLC26A5, encoding prestin, in a patient-control cohort: identification of fourteen novel DNA sequence variations. PLoS One. 2009. 4(6):e5762.
- Rajagopalan L, Greeson JN, Xia A, Liu H, Sturm A, Raphael RM, Davidson AL, Oghalai JS, Pereira FA, Brownell WE. Tuning of the outer hair cell motor by membrane cholesterol. J Biol Chem. 2007. 282(50):36659-70.
- Rajagopalan L, Patel N, Madabushi S, Goddard JA, Anjan V, Lin F, Shope C, Farrell B, Lichtarge O, Davidson AL, Brownell WE, Pereira FA. Essential helix interactions in the anion transporter domain of prestin revealed by evolutionary trace analysis. J Neurosci. 2006. 26(49):12727-34.
- Tang LS, Alger HM, Pereira FA. COUP-TFI controls Notch regulation of hair cell and support cell differentiation. Development. 2006. 133(18):3683-93.