Hoang Nguyen, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Department of Dermatology
Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine
Cell and Gene Therapy Center
- Ph.D., Weil Medical College of Cornell University/Sloan-Kettering Institute, New York, NY
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Rockefeller University, New York, NY
- Molecular mechanisms of self-renewal and differentiation of epithelial stem cells
- Regulation of skin epithelial stem cells during wound repair
- Alteration of stem cell genes during aging and tumorigenesis
- Manipulating stem cells for maintaining the self-renewal capacity of skin stem cells in vitro for potential use in regenerative medicine
- Wound healing/repair
- Skin cancer
- Nguyen H, Merrill BJ, Polak L, Nikolova M, Rendl M, Shaver TM, Pasolli HA, Fuchs E. Tcf3 and Tcf4 are essential for long-term homeostasis of skin epithelia. Nat Genet. 2009. 41(10):1068-75.
- Liu Y, Hedvat CV, Mao S, Zhu XH, Yao J, Nguyen H, Koff A, Nimer SD. The ETS protein MEF is regulated by phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis via the protein-ubiquitin ligase SCFSkp2. Mol Cell Biol. 2006. 26(8):3114-23.
- Nguyen H, Rendl M, Fuchs E. Tcf3 governs stem cell features and represses cell fate determination in skin. Cell. 2006. 127(1):171-83.
- Zhu XH, Nguyen H, Halicka HD, Traganos F, Koff A. Noncatalytic requirement for cyclin A-cdk2 in p27 turnover. Mol Cell Biol. 2004. 24(13):6058-66.
- Nguyen H, Gitig DM, Koff A. Cell-free degradation of p27(kip1), a G1 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, is dependent on CDK2 activity and the proteasome. Mol Cell Biol. 1999. 19(2):1190-201.
- Millard SS, Yan JS, Nguyen H, Pagano M, Kiyokawa H, Koff A. Enhanced ribosomal association of p27(Kip1) mRNA is a mechanism contributing to accumulation during growth arrest. J Biol Chem. 1997. 272(11):7093-8.
- Gudas J, Nguyen H, Li T, Hill D, Cowan KH. Effects of cell cycle, wild-type p53 and DNA damage on p21CIP1/Waf1 expression in human breast epithelial cells. Oncogene. 1995. 11(2):253-61.