Matthew L. Anderson, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Department of Pathology and Immunology
- M.D., Ph.D., Yale University, New Haven, CT
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale-New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Small noncoding RNAs
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Gynecologic oncology (comprehensive surgical and medical care of women with reproductive tract cancers)
- Creighton CJ, Zhu H, Benham AL, Hawkins SM, Reid JG, Nagaraja AK, Khan MF, Olokpa E, Han D, Ma L, Anderson ML, Matzuk MM, Gunaratne PE. Discovery of novel microRNAs in female reproductive tract using next generation sequencing. PLoS One. 2010. 5(3):e9637.
- Nagaraja AK, Creighton CJ, Yu Z, Zhu H, Gunaratne PH, Reid JG, Olokpa E, Itamochi H, Ueno NT, Hawkins SM, Anderson ML, Matzuk MM. A link between mir-100 and FRAP1/mTOR in clear cell ovarian cancer. Mol Endocrinol. 2010. 24(2):447-63. Mol Endocrinol.
- Yu Z, Fountain, MD, Creighton, CJ, Nagaraja, AK, Zhu H, Olokpa E, Khan M, Zariff A, Gunaratne PH, Matzuk MM, Anderson ML. Molecular profiling uncovers a p53-associated role for microRNA-31 in inhibiting the proliferation of serous ovarian carcinomas and other cancers. Cancer Res. 2010. 70(5):1906-15.
- Rohozinski J*, Anderson ML*, Broaddus RE, Edwards CL, Bishop CE. Spermatogenesis associated retrogenes are expressed in the human ovary and ovarian cancers. PLoS One. 2009. 4(3):e5064. *Denotes shared first authorship.
- Xing D, Scangas G, Nita M, Xu X, He L, Ioffe Y, Aspuria PJ, Hedvat C, Anderson ML, Oliva E, Karlan B, Mohapatra, G., Orsulic, S. A role for BRCA1 in uterine leiomyosarcoma. Cancer Res. 2009. 69(21):8231-5.