Nabil M. Ahmed, M.D.
Department of Pediatrics - Hematology and Oncology
Center for Cell and Gene Therapy
- M.D., Cairo University
- M.P.H. and Fellowship, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University
- Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine
- Residency, Children's Hospital of New Jersey, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency, Lincoln Hospital, Weill-Cornell Medical College
- Tumor immunology
- Cellular therapy for brain tumors (cellular therapy for medulloblastoma)
- Cellular therapy for solid tumors
- Transplant immunology
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Cell and gene therapy
- Ahmed N, Leung KS, Rosenblatt H, Bollard CM, Gottschalk S, Myers GD, Carrum G, Heslop HE, Brenner MK, Krance RA. Successful treatment of stem cell graft failure in pediatric patients using a submyeloablative regimen of campath-1H and fludarabine. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008. 14(11):1298-304.
- Ahmed N, Chizhevsky V. Acute hepatic sequestration associated with pneumococcal infection in a 5-year-old Boy with sickle beta degrees -thalassemia: a case report and review of the literature. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2007. 29(10):720-4.
- Ahmed N, El-Mahallawy HA, Ahmed IA, Nassif S, El-Beshlawy A, El-Haddad A. Early hospital discharge versus continued hospitalization in febrile pediatric cancer patients with prolonged neutropenia: A randomized, prospective study. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007. 49(6):786-92.
- Ahmed N, Ratnayake M, Savoldo B, Perlaky L, Dotti G, Wels WS, Bhattacharjee MB, Gilbertson RJ, Shine HD, Weiss HL, Rooney CM, Heslop HE, Gottschalk S. Regression of experimental medulloblastoma following transfer of HER2-specific T cells. Cancer Res. 2007. 67(12):5957-64.
- Leen A, Ratnayake M, Foster A, Heym K, Ahmed N, Rooney CM, Gottschalk S. Contact-activated monocytes: efficient antigen presenting cells for the stimulation of antigen-specific T cells. J Immunother. 2007. 30 (1):96-107.
- Ahmed N, Heslop HE. Viral lymphomagenesis. Curr Opin Hematol. 2006. 13 (4):254-9.