The deadline for applications is Jan. 1 for fall admission.
Applicants are required to have a bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in a relevant area of science. Most students who join the Translational Biology & Molecular Medicine Program have their undergraduate degree in some aspect of the biological sciences or in chemistry, although some students who were accepted into the program have degrees in other areas, such as engineering and physics. We strongly recommend backgrounds in biochemistry, microbiology, and cell biology as well as in mathematics and computational methods. Highly qualified and successful applicants are invited to visit the TBMM program to meet participating faculty and students. Expenses for travel and accommodations during the visit are provided.
To apply, send the following:
- Completed application form
- Personal and research statements that include research experience and career goals
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended
- At least three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from people who are familiar with your scholastic qualifications and/or your research abilities; if you have had prior research experience, at least one letter should be from a research supervisor
- Official GRE scores (not more than three years old) - the General test (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) is required - the subject test is not required but we strongly encourage you to take it.
- Foreign applicants who have attended a non-English-speaking university must also submit a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination score (no more than two years old)
Send supporting documentation to:
Baylor College of Medicine
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, TX 77030
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 713-798-1077.