Lee-Jun C. Wong, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Phone: 713-798-1940 or 713-798-7746
Lab Web Site: Medical Genetics Lab
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Postdoctoral, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Postdoctoral, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Genetics and pathogenic mechanism of mitochondrial disorders
- Pathogenic mechanism of mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome
- Altered energy metabolism in cancer
- Mitochondrial function in tumorigenesis
- Mitochondrial genetic predisposition in common diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, cancer and aging
- Molecular diagnosis of human genetic diseases
- Diagnoses of mitochondrial disorders
- Research and development of novel molecular diagnostic tools
- Bai RK, Leal SM, Covarrubias D, Liu A, Wong LJC. Mitochondrial genetic background modifies breast cancer risk. Cancer Research. 2007. 67:4687-94.
- Wong LJ, Brunetti-Pierri N, Zhang Q, Yazigi N, Bove KE, Dahms BB, Puchowicz MA, Gonzalez-Gomez I, Schmitt ES, Truong CK, Hoppel CL, Chou PC, Wang J, Baldwin EE, Adams D, Leslie N, Boles RG, Kerr DS, Craigen WJ. Mutations in the MPV17 gene are responsible for rapidly progressive liver failure in infancy. Hepatology. 2007. 46(4):1218-27.
- Wong LJC. Pathogenic mitochondrial DNA mutations in protein coding genes. Invited Review Article. Muscle & Nerve. 2007. 36:279-93.
- Scaglia F, Hsu CH, Kwon HY, Bai RK, Perng CL, Chang HM, Dai P, O'Brian Smith E, Whiteman DAH, Feigenbaum A, Gropman A, Wong LJC. Molecular bases of hearing loss in multisystemic mitochondrial cytopathy. Genet in Med. 2006. 8:641-52.
- Bai R, Wong LJC. Simultaneous detection and quantification of mitochondrial DNA deletion, depletion, and amplification in patients with mitochondrial disease. J Mol Diagnosis. 2005. 7:613-22.
- McComsey G, Bai RK, Maa JF, Seekins D, Wong LJ. Extensive investigation of mitochondrial DNA genome in treated HIV-infected subjects: beyond mtDNA depletion. JAIDS. 2005. 39:181-8.
- Wong LJC, Boles R. Mitochondrial DNA in clinical laboratory diagnostics. Invited Review Article. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2005. 354:1-20
E-mail this page to a friend