Wendy A. Keitel, M.D.
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology
- M.D., Duke University
- Residency, Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases, Duke University and Baylor College of Medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Prevention of respiratory infections
- Host response
- Clinical trials of vaccines and antivirals
- Atmar R, Keitel W, Patel S, Katz J, She D, El Sahly H, Cate T, Couch R. Safety and immunogenicity of non-adjuvanted and MF59-adjuvanted influenza A/H9N2 vaccine preparations. Clin Infect Dis. 2006. 43:1135-42.
- Gorse G, Keitel W, Keyserling H, et al. Ascending dose tolerance and immunogenicity study of a recombinant protective antigen (rPA 102) anthrax vaccine. Vaccine. 2006. 24:5950-9.
- Keitel WA, Atmar RL, Cate TR, Petersen NJ, Greenberg SB, Ruben F, Couch RB. Safety of high doses of influenza vaccine and effect on antibody responses in elderly persons. Arch Intern Med. 2006. 166:1121-7.
- Oxman M, Levine M, Johnson G, et al. Prevention of herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adults with a live attenuated varicella-zoster virus vaccine: results of the Department of Veterans Affairs cooperative study #403 - the shingles prevention study. N Engl J Med. 2005. 352:2271-84.
- Ward J, Cherry J, Chang S-J, Partridge S, Lee H, Treanor J, Greenberg D, Keitel W, Barenkamp S, Bernstein D, Edelman R, Edwards K, Klein D, APERT Study Group. Efficacy of an acellular pertussis vaccine among adolescents and adults in a prospective national randomized acellular pertussis vaccine trial (APERT). N Engl J Med. 2005. 353:1.
- Keitel WA, Cate TR, Couch RB, Huggins LL, Hess K. Continued efficacy of annual immunization with inactivated influenza virus vaccine over a five year period: A placebo-controlled trial in healthy adults. Vaccine. 1997. 15:1114-22.
- Keitel WA, Couch RB, Quarles JM, Cate TR, Baxter B, and Maassab HF. Trivalent attenuated cold-adapted influenza virus vaccine: Reduced viral shedding and serum antibody responses in susceptible adults. J Infect Dis. 1993. 167:305-11.