Chad Shaw, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Assistant Professor, Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine (STaR) Center
Baylor College of Medicine
B.S., Mathematics, Duke University, 1995
Ph.D., Mathematical Statistics, Rice University, 2001
Dr. Shaw main research interests are systems biology and the analysis of large scale genomic data. His laboratory has done extensive research in the use of genomic annotations to enhance analysis of microarray experiments. They have developed a variety of web-based software including tools for Gene Ontology analysis as well as an interactive system for exploration of protein-protein interaction networks. They have also developed tools for web-based visualization and sharing of gene expression data. The lab analyzes primary microarray data sets from all array platforms including expression arrays, genome content arrays (aCGH), microRNA arrays, and chromatin arrays with an expertise in data pre-processing and normalization. Our methodological work involves statistical considerations for use of annotations in analysis of very large scale genomic data.
- Zhang X, Claerhout S, Prat A, Dobrolecki L, Petrovic I, Lai Q, Landis M, Wiechmann L, Schiff R, Giuliano M, Wong H, Fuqua S, Contreras A, Gutierrez C, Huang J, Mao S, Pavlick A, Froehlich AM, Wu MF, Tsimelzon A, Hilsenbeck SG, Chen E, Zuloaga P, Shaw C, Rimawi MF, Perou CM, Mills GB, Chang JC and Lewis MT. A Renewable Tissue Resource of Phenotypically Stable, Biologically and Ethnically Diverse, Patient-derived Human Breat Cancer Xenografts. Cancer Res, [Epub ahead of print] (2013). PubMed
- Park J, Al-Ramahi I, Tan Q, Mollema N, Diaz-Garcia JR, Gallego-Flores T, Lu HC, Lagalwar S, Duvick L, Kang H, Lee Y, Jafar-Nejad P, Sayegh LS, Richman R, Liu X, Gao Y, Shaw CA, Arthur JS, Orr HT, Westbrook TF, Botas J and Zoghbi HY. RAS-MAPK-MSK1 pathway modulates ataxin 1 protein levels and toxicity in SCA1. Nature, 498(7454):325-31 (2013). PubMed
- Wiszniewska J, Bi W, Shaw C, Stankiewicz P, Kang SH, Pusley AN, Lalani S, Hixson P, Gambin T, Tsai CH, Bock HG, Descartes M, Probst FJ, Scaglia F, Beaudet AL, Lupski JR, Eng C, Wai Cheung S, Bacino C and Patel A. Combined array CGH plus SNP genome analyses in a single assay for optimized clinical testing. Eur J Hum Genet, [Epub ahead of print] (2013). PubMed
- Boone PM, Campbell IM, Baggett BC, Soens ZT, Rao MM, Hixson PM, Patel A, Bi W, Cheung SW, Lalani SR, Beaudet AL, Stankiewicz P, Shaw CA and Lupski JR. Deletions of recessive genes: CNV contribution to carrier states and disease-causing alleles. Genome Res, [Epub ahead of print] (2013). PubMed
- Kahle JJ, Souroullas GP, Yu P, Zohren F, Lee Y, Shaw CA, Zoghbi HY and Goodell MA. Ataxin1L is a regulator of HSC function highlighting the utility of cross-tissue comparisons for gene discovery. PLoS Genet, 9(3):e1003359 (2013). PubMed
- Harris RA, Shaw C, Li J, Cheung SW, Coarfa C, Jeong M, Goodell MA, White LD, Patel A, Kang SH, Chinault AC, Gambin T, Gambin A, Lupski JR and Milosavljevic A. Confounding by repetitive elements and CpG islands does not explain the association between hypoethylation and genomic instability. PLoS Genet, 9(2):e1003333 (2013). PubMed
- Bi W, Borgan C, Pursley AN, Hixson P, Shaw CA, Bacino CA, Lalani SR, Patel A, Stankiewicz P, Lupski JR, Beaudet AL and Cheung SW. Comparison of chromosome analysis and chromosomal activity microarray analysis: what is the value of chromosome analysis in today's genomic array era? Genet Med, 15(6):450-7 (2013). PubMed
For more publications, see listing on PubMed.
Department: Molecular and Human Genetics
Address: Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza,
Houston, TX, 77030, U.S.A.