Luay Nakhleh, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
B.S., Computer Science, Technion–Israel Institute of Technology
M.S., Computer Science, Texas A&M University
Ph.D., Computer Sciences, University of Texas at Austin
Computational biology and bioinformatics, systems biology, population genetics, and phylogenomics.
- Yu Y, Barnett RM and Nakhleh L. Parsimonious Inference of Hybridization in the Presence of Incomplete Lineage Sorting. Syst Biol, [Epub ahead of Print] (2013). PubMed
- Ruths T and Nakhleh L. Neutral forces acting on intragenomic variability shape in the Escherichia coli regulatory network topology. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 110(19):7754-9 (2013). PubMed
- Zhou W and Nakhleh L. Quantifying and assessing the effect of chemical symmetry in metabolic pathways. J Chem Inf Model, 52(10):2684-96 (2012). PubMed
- Zhu Y, Du P and Nakhleh L. Gene duplicability-connectivity-complexity across organisms and a neutral evolutionary explanation. PLoS One, 7(9):e44491 (2012) PubMed
- Zhou W and Nakhleh L. Convergent evolution of modularity in metabolic networks through different community structures. BMC Evol Biol, 12:181 (2012). PubMed
- Ruths T and Nakhleh L. ncDNA and drift drive binding site accumulation. BMC Evol Biol, 12:159 (2012). PubMed
- Yu Y, Degnan JH and Nakhleh L. The probability of a gene tree topology within a phylogenetic network with applications to hybridization detection. PLoS Genet, 8:(4):e1002660 (2012). PubMed
For more publications, see listing on PubMed.
Department: Computer Science
Address: Rice University
6100 Main Street, MS132
Duncan Hall, Rm 3119
Houston, TX 77005
Additional Links: Nakhleh Lab, Rice University