Mary E. Dickinson, Ph.D.
Professor, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
Baylor College of Medicine
Ph.D., Columbia University
My laboratory uses a multi-disciplinary approach to study the role of fluid-derived mechanical forces in vascular remodeling and heart morphogenesis in early vertebrate embryos. We have recently developed methods for time-lapse, confocal imaging of rapid blood flow and heart mechanics using vital fluorescent protein reporters. With these methods we are studying the response to changes in mechanical stress in mouse and zebrafish models, taking advantage of the wealth of mutant animals.
- Goldberg JS, Vadakkan TJ, Hirschi KK and Dickinson ME. A computational approach to detect gap junction plaques and associate them with cells in fluorescent images. J Histochem Cytochem, 61(4):283-93 (2013). PubMed
- Culver JC, Vadakkan TJ and Dickinson ME. A specialized microvascular domain in the mouse neural stem cell niche. PLoS One, 8(1):e53546 (2013). PubMed
- Larina IV, Syed SH, Sudheendran N, Overbeek PA, Dickinson ME and Larin KV. Optical coherence tomography for live phenotypic analysis of embryonic ocular structures in mouse models. J Biomed Opt, 17(8):081410-1 (2012). PubMed
- Larina IV and Dickinson ME. In vivo of the developing mouse embryonic vasculature. Methods Mol Biol, 872:205-15 (2012). PubMed
- Culver JC, Hoffmann JC, Poché RA, Slater JH, West JL and Dickinson ME. Three-dimensional biomimetic patterning in hydrogels to guide cellular organization. Adv Mater, 24(17):2344-8 (2012). PubMed
- Larina IV, Larin KV, Dickinson ME and Liebling M. Sequential Turning Acquisition and Reconstruction (STAR) method for four-dimensional imaging of cyclically moving structures. Biomed Opt Express, 3(3):650-60 (2012). PubMed
- Udan RS and Dickinson ME. The ebb and flow of lymphatic valve formation. Dev Cell, 22(2):242-3, (2012). PubMed
- Poché RA, Sharma R, Garcia MD, Wada AM, Nolte MJ, Udan RS, Paik JH, DePinho RA, Bartlett JD and Dickinson ME Transcription factor FoxO1 is essential for enamel biomineralization. PLoS One, 7(1):e30357 (2012). PubMed
For more publications, see listing on PubMed.
Department: Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
Address: Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza, Rm. T421
Houston, TX 77030
Additional Links: Dickinson Lab