Cecelia Clementi, Ph.D.
Weiss Career Development Chair
Associate Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
B.S. Physics, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy (1995)
M.S. Physics, Int.l School for Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy (1996)
Ph.D. Physics, Int.l School for Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy (1998)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physics and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCSD, 1998-2001
Dr. Clementi's research activity lays at interface of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Her current research interests concern the theoretical and computational investigation of protein folding, protein interactions and functions. Her most recent research has been focused on the definition and exploration of protein models with different levels of complexity aimed to study, and possibly predict, the folding mechanism of real proteins. The models and theories developed so far have been successfully applied to a set of monomeric proteins. In the very near future, the study will be enlarged to include protein-protein interactions and assembling, in order to proceed toward an understanding of biological functions. Such studies can have important applications in pharmacology and medicine.
- Rohrdanz MA, Zheng W and Clementi C. Discovering mountain passes via torchlight: methods for the definition of reaction coordinates and pathways in complex macromolecular reactions. Annu Rev Phys Chem, 64:295-316 (2013). PubMed
- Davtyan A, Schafer NP, Zheng W, Clementi C, Wolynes PG and Papoian GA. AWSEM-MD: Protein Structure Prediction Using Coarse-Grained Physical Potentials and Bioinformatically Based Local Structure Biasing. J Phys Chem B, 116(29):8494-503 (2012) PubMed
- Zheng W, Qi B, Rohrdanz MA, Caflisch A, Dinner AR and Clementi C. Delineation of folding pathways of a β-sheet miniprotein. J Phys Chem B, 115(44):13065-74 (2011). PubMed
- Ledbetter PJ and Clementi C. A new perspective on transition states: χ1 separatrix. J Chem Phys, 135(4):044116 (2011). PubMed
- Clementi C, Ciocan V, Vagnini M., Doherty B, Tabasso ML, Conti C, Brunetti BG and Miliani C. Non-invasive and micro-destructive investigation of the Domus Aurea wall painting decorations. Anal Bioanal Chem, 401(6):1815-26 (2011). PubMed
- Mero A, Clementi C, Veronese FM and Pasut G. Covalent conjugation of poly(ethylene glycol) to proteins and peptides: strategies and methods. Methods Mol Biol, 751:95-129 (2011). PubMed
- Zheng W, Rohrdanz MA, Maggioni M and Clementi C. Polymer reversal rate calculated via locally scaled diffusion map. J Chem Phys, 134(14):144109 (2011). PubMed
- Rohrdanz MA, Zheng W, Maggioni M and Clementi C. Determination of reaction coordinates via locally scaled diffusion map. J Chem Phys, 134(12):124116 (2011). PubMed
For more publications, see listing on PubMed.