Program Directors and Coordinators Resources
The following are resources for program directors and coordinators:
Forms and Links
Program Director's Duty to Report form
New Program Director Submission form
Leave of Absence Request form
Educational Leave Exemption Request form
Internal Moonlighting form
External Moonlighting form
Appointment Request Letter for new Trainee template
BCM Program Director's Certification Letter template
2015 Sample Contract
New Resident/Fellow Information Submission Spreadsheet
- Instructions for Submitting Packets to DRMAC
- Financial Routing Form
- Increase in Size
- Decrease in Size
- Change in Training Venues
- Long Term Outside Rotator Submission
- Program Closure
- New ACGME Residency/Fellowship
- New TMB Fellowship
Link to ERAS - PDWS website
Program Letter of Agreement Templates
- New BCM PLOA Template (Effective March 2015 this template should be used for all two-party agreements)
- BCM PLOA Template (Effective March 2015 this template should only be used for three-party agreements)
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center Template
- Houston Methodist, TWH and MDACC require their own form, and they must initiate
- Explore the E*Value website
- E*Value Basics for Coordinators
- Advanced E*Value tools
- E*Value Import Template for New Trainees
- TMB Med School Codes
Download a form for Baylor residents and clinical fellows wishing to do an elective outside the Baylor affiliated hospitals.
Incoming House Staff Orientations
Baylor College of Medicine
- June 23, 2015 for trainees starting on June 24 (see times)
- June 30, 2015 for trainees starting on July 1 (see times)
Harris Health System
- June 19, 2015
- June 29, 2015
Harris Health house staff registration packet can be found here.
Navigating the ACGME Website
The most important site for any program director or coordinator of a program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education is the ACGME site. The directors and coordinators page is especially important. There are areas with protected information on the website and in order to access this you will need your program’s 10-digit ACGME program number and a password created by the director or coordinator.
Another important link you will use is the Accreditation Data System (ADS), which is the online reporting system. Each year, program directors/coordinators are responsible for verifying/updating critical accreditation program information (including case logs for some specialties) and keeping resident records current. Annually, the ACGME Data Department sends information about deadlines.
Many Residency Review Committees also require residents to input information about procedures and operations into the ACGME Case Log System. The Case Log Information Page contains a lot of useful information about case logs and a link to helpful tutorials. Be sure to know if your specialty RRC has this requirement.
The ACGME site also includes many other important areas to use. In particular, you will need to know the Common Program Requirements and the requirements for your specialty. These can be found on the program directors and coordinators page, under the PD and Coordinator Resources section on the right of the page.