Required Incoming House Staff Paperwork
Congratulations on your acceptance into a Baylor College of Medicine residency or fellowship program.
Below, you will find the packet of paperwork that you must complete and return to your program coordinator before April 14, 2017. Many of the forms have been made available to complete electronically to make the process quicker and easier for you. Simply click on the packet that best applies to you.
We have also provided a checklist that lists everything you are required to submit so that you can keep track of everything. Emailed copies of your paperwork will not be accepted.
*Note: Obtaining a physician-in-training (PIT) permit from the Texas Medical Board (TMB) is a requirement for appointment to a Baylor training program. You will be required to answer all of the PIT application questions (see questions).
If you have any concern about whether or not your answers could negatively impact your ability to obtain a PIT, please contact the TMB directly to review your questions or concerns.
Additional Required Documents
Other documents that Baylor will require from you include:
- ACLS, PALS, or ATLS Certification (we do not require all three, but it must be American Heart Association certified)
- One notarized copy of ECFMG Certificate - REQUIRED for foreign graduates (outside U.S. or Canada)
- Copy of Training Permit or Full Texas License
- Copy of DEA (only if you will be writing prescriptions that require a DEA or plan on moonlighting with a full TX license)
- Copy of NPI
- Curriculum Vitae – must be current
- Two Professional Reference Letters – must be no more than one year old
- Original Final Medical School Transcript (we will accept a notarized copy of foreign med school transcripts)
- One notarized copy of Medical School Diploma (Dean's Verification of Pending Graduation acceptable only for those anticipating graduation. Dean's verification must be original document with seal; copies will NOT be accepted)
- One notarized copy of prior Intern/Residency/Fellowship Training Diploma
Forms You May Need
These individual documents have been made available for you to access quickly in the case that you might need it.
- VA Credentialing Document (Only complete if you will be rotating at the VA)
- Dean's Verification of Pending Graduation (will only be accepted for those pending graduation from medical school)
- Documents to establish identity
- Background Check & Drug Screen Instructions
- DEA Affidavit
- Sample Contract
- Compact between teachers, learners and educational staff
- Acknowledgement & Attestation
In addition to the GME forms, Baylor’s Human Resources department requires you to complete page 7 section 1 of the I-9 form prior to orientation.
Please bring the following items with you to orientation in order to process with HR: page 7, a copy of your documents of choice (see page 9) and the original documents so that Human Resources may verify that the information and copies are completed correctly.
All Non-U.S. citizens (including permanent residents/green card holders, pending immigrants, and non-immigrant visa holders) must contact the BCM International Services Office and communicate with one of the ISO representatives to verify your immigration status by emailing InternationalServicesTeam@bcm.edu.
As an applicant/enrollee in an educational program that prepares individuals for issuance of an occupational license, Texas law requires that you be notified that the issuance of occupational licenses may be restricted based on a license applicant’s criminal history. View Notice of Potential Ineligibility for License.