Respondus LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking tests in Blackboard Learn. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. Respondus 4.0 is a test authoring tool. Test can then be imported into Blackboard courses.
Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that enhances the security of web-based testing. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser to take a web-based quiz or exam in Blackboard, they are prevented from printing, copying, accessing other applications or websites, or closing a test before the test has been submitted for grading.
• Quizzes or exams that require the use of LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with standard browsers.
• Respondus must be used to prepare a Blackboard quiz or exam for use with Respondus LockDown Browser.
• For additional assistance and student resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respondus is a powerful software application that enhances the functionality and usability of Blackboard's (Bb) quiz, survey, and self-test tools. It also provides seamless synchronization of print-based and online exams. Whether you are a "power user" of Bb or a relatively new user, Respondus can save you hours on each assessment or survey project.
**Respondus 4.0 will not work on a MAC**
• Quick Start Guide
• Respondus 4.0 User Guide
• Download Respondus 4.0.8.06 Setup Application (First, contact Ed-tech for the password you need to install Respondus)
• Can an iPad be used with LockDown Browser? (instructions for faculty)