The annual Academy of Distinguished Educators Showcase of Educational Scholarship is Baylor's premier venue for highlighting educational scholarship using a peer-reviewed format.
The showcase was first held in 2005 by the Academy of Distinguished Educators under the direction of Dr. Paul Haidet to provide a peer-reviewed forum for educational research. Since then, the annual showcase has established a venue for sharing, discussing, and promoting scholarly work by students, residents, fellows and faculty at the College.
The next showcase is set for Friday, Sept. 18, as a virtual conference. More details about the format will be available closer to the event.
What Are the Benefits of Submitting an Abstract?
There are several benefits of submitting an abstract to the Showcase of Educational Scholarship including:
- Participating in a peer-reviewed educational activity
- Receiving peer-reviewed feedback to guide future projects
- Chance to become a showcase winner and receive an Educational Scholarship Recognition Award; if selected we will notify your chair, acknowledge your work in BCM communications, and display your poster on our website for one year
- Networking at the showcase with other educational leaders with similar interests
- Looks great on your CV and may help with promotion