Fellows will be recruited on a yearly basis. Once the applications are received, a fellowship committee chaired by Dr. Kenneth Liao will review the applications for potential candidates who meet the requirement for appointment to the Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship program.
These candidates' credentials will be verified, recommendations will be obtained, and appropriate applicants may be invited to interview for the training program. Fellows will be selected in early spring.
The following items are required for the application to the Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship:
- A completed Baylor College of Medicine House Staff Application
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three passport sized photographs
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members
Letters should be addressed to:
Kenneth K. Liao, M.D.
Professor and Chief, Division of Cardiothoracic Transplantation and Circulatory Support
Program Director, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza, BCM 390
Houston, TX 77030
- USMLE 1, 2, and 3 board scores
- American Board of Surgery In-Training (ABSITE) exams
- Medical school diploma in its original language, as well as in English, copied and notarized stating that it is a true copy of the original
- Medical school transcript in its original language, as well as in English, copied ant notarized, stating that it is a true copy of the original
- Dean’s verification of pending or past graduation
- ECFMG certificate if a foreign medical graduate (copied and notarized)