How to Apply
The application process is managed by the Thoracic Surgery Directors Association Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship Match. This activity has been devised to formalize the Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship application process, and to allow applicants and program directors to consider every option for training without undue pressure being placed on either party.
Applicants must have successfully completed a residency program in thoracic surgery accredited by the ACGME or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Applications should submit three true copies (notarized) of medical school diploma (dean's verification of pending graduation acceptable only for those anticipating graduation; dean's verification must be original document, copies are not acceptable). Please submit a true copy (notarized) of prior residency/fellowship training diploma (director's verification letter of pending graduation is acceptable only for those anticipating graduation from a residency program).
In addition, the following documents are required:
- Baylor house staff application
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Submission of a professional headshot (preferably .jpg) sent via email
- Document to establish identity (one picture ID)
- Three professional reference letters (current within past six months)
- Medical school transcript in original language and English; must be copied and notarized, stating that the submission is a true copy of the original
For deadlines, please refer to the TSDA Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship Match schedule.
For any questions, please email the Surgery Education Office or contact the Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship Coordinator at 832-824-4951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda.Bergstrom@bcm.edu.
Thank you for your interest in the Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship.