The Department of Radiology provides an environment in which to train superior diagnostic radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians and imaging scientists capable of fully practicing all the areas of their specialty, in private or academic settings.
We are committed to training resident physicians to master the basic knowledge of the expanding modalities of diagnostic radiology, radiation oncology, and nuclear medicine, so that they are prepared for the changing role of their specialty in the future delivery of healthcare.
Baylor College of Medicine Affiliated Radiology Departments house the latest in technological advances and all participate in the dynamics of clinical research activities. We are especially interested in clinical applications of:
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Molecular diagnostic imaging
- Radiologic evaluation of the acutely traumatized patient
- Evaluation of novel vascular and interventional procedures
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy
- Combined radiotherapy
- Gene therapy in the treatment of cancer
- Cardiovascular nuclear medicine