Cindy B. Ivanhoe, M.D.
Medical School: Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Mexico, 1984
Internship: Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Berwyn, Illinois
Residency: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Fellowship: Brain Injury, Baylor Collge of Medicine
Board Certification: American Board of PM&R
Sub-Specialty: Traumatic Brain Injury
Clinical Interests: Brain Injury Rehabilitation; Spasticity; Post-traumatic Movement Disorders
Research Interests: Brain Injury, Spasticity, Spinal Cord Injury
Significant Professional Activities:
- Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, Journal Reviewer
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Journal Reviewer
- Allergan Global Opinion Leader Summit, Review Panel
- Neurotoxin Institute M.E.N.T.O.R.S., Injection Practicum Workshop, Course Co-Director
- Medtronic Global Movement Disorders-Brain Injury Study, Review Panel
- CoMed Communications Spasticity Management Program, Advisory Board and Faculty
- Easter Seals Spasticity Management and Movement Disorder, Advisory Board
- Medtronic Neurologic Incorporated, Intrathecal Baclofen Therapy, Advisory Board
- Professional Post Graduate Services, New Advances in the Management of Spasticity and Muscle Overactivity, Advisory Board and Faculty
- American Dentists for Foreign Service, President
Francisco GE, Ivanhoe CB, Grissom SP et al. Prospective evaluation of the efficacy and safety of intrathecal baclofen therapy for spastic hypertonia due to stroke. Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 82:134, 2001. Abstract.
Hu MM, Francisco GE, Ivanhoe CB. The efficacy of early use of intrathecal baclofen therapy for muscle hypertonia due to acquired brain injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 82:1303, 2001. Abstract.
Ivanhoe CB, Tilton AH, Francisco GE. Intrathecal baclofen therapy for spastic hypertonia. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Amer, 12:923-938, 2001. Review.
Ivanhoe CB, Tilton AH, Francisco GE. Intrathecal baclofen therapy. In: Kraft, Meythaler (Eds.) State of the Art Reviews.
Boake C, Francisco GE, Ivanhoe CB, Hammond FM, Zafonte RD. Principles of brain Injury rehabilitation. In: Braddom (Ed). Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2nd edition). Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2000.
Boake C, Yablon SA, Ivanhoe CB, Hammond FM, Zafonte RD. Hydrocephalus following traumatic brain injury: incidence, risk factors and outcome. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 81:1267, 2000. Abstract.
Boake C, Millis SR, High WM, Delmonico RL, Kreutzer JSA, Rosenthal M, Sherer M, Ivanhoe CB. Using early neuropsychological testing to predict long-term productivity outcome from traumatic brain injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 82:761-768, 2001.
Grisson SkP, Tolotta M, Ivanhoe CB, Chin T, Bhupesh D. Prospective study on the use of bolus intrathecal baclofen for spastic hypertonia due to stroke. Archives Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 81:1267, 2000. Abstract.
Ivanhoe CB, Hartman ET. Clinical caveats of pain associated with traumatic brain injury. J Head Trauma Rehabil, 19(1):29-40, 2004.
Cindy B. Ivanhoe, M.D.
The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research
1333 Moursund Avenue, D110
Houston, TX 77030
Academic Office: 713-797-5236