Emergency Medical Services for Children State Partnership, Texas
Our mission is to reduce the rates of child and youth morbidity and mortality resulting from severe illness or trauma.
The EMSC Program aims to:
- Ensure that state-of-the-art emergency medical care for the ill or injured child or adolescent is available when needed.
- Ensure that pediatric services are well integrated into the existing state emergency medical services system.
- Ensure that the entire spectrum of emergency services, including primary prevention of illness and injury, acute care, and rehabilitation, is provided to children and adolescents at the same level as adults.
- Pediatric Prehospital Protocol Resource
- Inter Facility Transfer Toolkit (PDF)
- Medical Directors and EMS Provider Survey Presentation 2012 (PDF)
- Therapeutic Hypothermia after Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Trial Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Texas Emergency Department Pediatric Readiness (PDF)
- EMSC 2010 EMS and Hospital Survey Presentation (PowerPoint)
- Medical Information Forms for Children with Special Health Care Needs (PDF)
- Medical Information Letter (PDF)
- NHTSA - Recommendations for the Safe Transport of Children in Ground Ambulances (PDF)