Baylor Community Programs
Baylor Community Programs develop future leaders in social work through experience, education, training and empowerment, offering social work trainees the opportunity to learn and apply skills in a field setting. The program serves communities in the greater Houston area by providing experiential education, assets development and leadership training to decrease violence, promote healthy development and empower youth voice. CLOUD SEARCH and On BELAY prevention programs are multifaceted, group experiential education aimed at decreasing juvenile crime by increasing positive developmental assets such as self-esteem, communication, problem solving, emotional regulation, youth voice and strong adult-child relationships.
Baylor Teen Health Clinics
- Baylor Teen Health Clinics are affiliated with the BCM Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and involve numerous collaborative relationships including Adolescent Medicine and Sports Medicine. At five locations in Greater Houston, BTHC provides reproductive health care and school-based clinic care for adolescents. Dr. Mariam Chacko is the medical director of the BTHC program and provides services at two sites in concert with LEAH medicine fellows, section faculty and staff.
- BTHC at Ben Taub Hospital provides free, confidential reproductive health services including free contraceptive methods and STI medication, pregnancy diagnosis and early prenatal care, postpartum care, diagnosis and treatment of common sexually transmitted infections, serological and onsite rapid saliva testing, and risk reduction and HIV counseling.
- BTHC at Lee High School has served a school population of 2,400 students from Gulfton, a highly diverse, medically underserved community in southwest Houston. Multidisciplinary specialty care includes adolescent medicine & gynecology, early prenatal services, sports medicine, nutrition and social work counseling.
Our faculty is actively involved in several community partnerships through our clinical, research, and service commitments.
- Baylor International Pediatrics AIDS Initiative
- Covenant House
- Houston Fit
- Houston Independent School District
- Houston Texans NFL Franchise
- Texas Children's Hospital Kids Fun Run
- Lutheran High School
- Prevention Programs
- Rice University Athletics
- Texans YMCA
- Texas Children’s Pediatric Associates
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Southern University
- University of Houston Clear Lake
- University of Houston Athletics
- University of Texas School of Public Health