About the Program
The successful candidate will participate in all training activities of the categorical Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship including clinical rotations, core lectures, modules and workshops. In addition, the fellow will be mentored in leadership and international health.
The program works in conjunction with the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine and offers a diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene for qualified candidates.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- M.D. degree
- Completion of Pediatric Residency
- USMLE I and II
- Three letters of reference, one of which should be from the home institution committing to their career upon return
- Eligible for a Texas training license
- Available for an in-person interview at Texas Children's Hospital
- Securing J-1 sponsorship
- Experience in Pediatric Cardiology is valued but not required
How to Apply
Applications are accepted July 1 through Dec. 20 of each year. Please complete the application and submit it along with your CV, three letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and unofficial copies of your USMLE scores and medical school transcript to:
Fellowship Training Program Coordinator
Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine
6621 Fannin St., MC 19345-C
Houston, TX 77030
Applications can also be faxed to (832) 825-1906.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact email at firstname.lastname@example.org.