The Rett Center is operated by a multi-disciplinary team of health professionals.
- Daniel G. Glaze, M.D., professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, medical director of The Blue Bird Circle Rett Center at Baylor College of Medicine
- Jeffrey L. Neul, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine, assistant director of The Blue Bird Circle Rett Center at Baylor College of Medicine
- Kathleen J. Motil, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor, Department of Pediatrics at the Children's Nutrition Research Center at Texas Children's Hospital
- Huda Zoghbi, M.D., professor, Departments of Pediatrics and Human and Molecular Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine
- Darrell S. Hanson, M.D., assistant professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Rett Team: 832-826-6106
The Blue Bird Circle Clinic for Pediatric Neurology was founded in 1949. The only facility of its kind in the Southwest, the clinic provides a comprehensive approach to all patients, including a thorough medical and neurological examination as well as an assessment of their emotional, educational, and social needs. Its multidisciplinary staff is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of the entire spectrum of neurological disorders of infancy and childhood - from epilepsy and developmental and neurodegenerative problems to headaches, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, Rett Syndrome, and Tourette Syndrome. The Blue Bird Circle, founded in 1923, is responsible for the financial support of the clinic. Its dedicated members volunteer thousands of hours of service to the clinic, the Blue Bird Resale Shop, and the group's other fund-raising activities.
Since 1986, the Blue Bird Circle has provided support for the clinical and research efforts of the Rett Center. Children and adults with RTT are evaluated in the Blue Bird Circle Clinic for diagnosis and management of their special problems and needs. The Blue Bird Circle Clinic is a unique facility specializing in the care of children with neurological problems.