Judy O. Barrish, B.S.N., RN
Project Coordinator, Patient Care Manager, Pediatrics, Section of Neurology
- Texas Women's University - RN
Texas Women's University - B.S.N.
Current Positions in Professional Organizations
- Member, Association of Clinical Research Nurses
- Judy is Involved in the initial enrollment of the patients seen at the clinic who might be diagnosed with Rett syndrome, and she also assists Dr. Glaze with their follow-up care.
- She is the first resource for parents who require immediate information or advice regarding their children's medical care and special therapy needs.
Current Research & Funding
Rare Disease CRC for New Therapeutics and New Diagnostics
- Kirby RS, Lane JB, Childers J, Skinner SA, Annese F, Barrish JO, Glaze DG, Macleod P, Percy AK. Longevity in Rett syndrome: analysis of the North American Database. J Pediatr. 2010 Jan;156(1):135-138. (PubMed)
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Skinner S, Motil KJ, Neul JL, Barrish JO, Lane JB, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Lee HS. Epilepsy and the natural history of Rett syndrome. Neurology. 2010 Mar 16;74(11):909-12. (PubMed)
- Percy AK, Lee HS, Neul JL, Lane JB, Skinner SA, Geerts SP, Annese F, Graham J, McNair L, Motil KJ, Barrish JO, Glaze DG. Profiling Scoliosis in Rett Syndrome. Pediatr Res. 2009 Dec 21. (PubMed)
- Motil KJ, Morrissey M, Caeg E, Barrish JO, Glaze DG. Gastrostomy placement improves height and weight gain in girls with Rett syndrome. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009 Aug;49(2):237-42. (PubMed)
- Glaze DG, Percy AK, Motil KJ, Lane JB, Isaacs JS, Schultz RJ, Barrish JO, Neul JL, O'Brien WE, Smith EO. A study of the treatment of Rett syndrome with folate and betaine. J Child Neurol. 2009 May;24(5):551-6. (PubMed)
- Motil KJ, Ellis KJ, Barrish JO, Caeg E, Glaze DG. Bone mineral content and bone mineral density are lower in older than in younger females with Rett syndrome. Pediatr Res. 2008 Oct;64(4):435-9. (PubMed)
- Neul JL, Fang P, Barrish J, Lane J, Caeg EB, Smith EO, Zoghbi H, Percy A, Glaze DG. Specific mutations in methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 confer different severity in Rett syndrome. Neurology. 2008 Apr 15;70(16):1313-21. (PubMed)
6701 Fannin St., CC 1250
Houston, TX 77030