The Section of Psychology provides education and training in scholarly, evidence-based practices of psychology. The following training programs are offered:
The section's APA-Accredited Psychology Internship Program, the Texas Children's Hospital Psychology Internship, offers training in clinical child psychology, pediatric health psychology, and pediatric neuropsychology.
- For information please review the Texas Children's Hospital Psychology Internship brochure. Additional information can be obtained by contacting PsychologyInternship@TexasChildrens.org
The Texas Children's Hospital Psychology Internship training program through the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by:
The section offers Postdoctoral Fellowships in Clinical Child/Pediatric Health Psychology and Pediatric Neuropsychology. The section's two-year, post-doctoral training program in pediatric neuropsychology is a member of the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology.
- For information about the Clinical Child/Pediatric Health Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship, please review the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric/Clinical Child Psychology brochure. Additional information can be obtained by contacting PsycFellowship@TexasChildrens.org
- For information about the Pediatric Neuropsychology Postdoctoral Fellowship, please review the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Pediatric Neuropsychology brochure and supplemental materials. Additional information can be obtained by contacting PsycFellowship@TexasChildrens.org
Required application materials for fellowship applicants include the following:
- Completed Application Cover Sheet: Application Cover Sheet
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Graduate Transcripts
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Two (2) Sample Neuropsychological Reports (neuropsychology applicants only)
- Signed APPCN Verification of Completion of Doctorate form (neuropsychology applicants only): APPCN Doctorate Verification Form
The section's Continuing Education Program is approved by the American Psychological Association, the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners, the Texas State Board of Professional Counselors, and the Texas State Board of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education.