Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Winter 2019: Flash - PDF
Fall 2018: Flash - PDF
Summer 2018: Flash - PDF
Spring 2018: Flash - PDF
Winter 2018: Flash - PDF
Fall 2017: Flash - PDF
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- Low-carb diet may reduce risk of postmenopausal weight gainMay 18, 2017
- In an analysis of dietary patterns of postmenopausal women, researchers found that those who consumed the fewest carbohydrates had a significantly reduced risk of gaining 10 percent of their body weight over an eight-year period.
- International genetics symposium launches in Hong KongMay 17, 2017
- The world’s top geneticists will come together for the first-ever Joint Symposium in Clinical Genetics May 19 - 21, 2017 in Hong Kong.
- ‘MARRVEL’ new way to compile big data in human-centric wayMay 11, 2017
- A group of researchers at Baylor created MARRVEL to help researchers everywhere search databases all at once and in a matter of minutes.
- Oral corticosteroids overprescribed in children with asthmaApr 10, 2017
- In a new study published today in the journal Pediatrics, researchers at Baylor College of Medicine found substantial overprescribing of oral corticosteroids in children with asthma.
- Landmark autism genetic study seeking participantsMar 28, 2017
- Families affected by autism are invited to a special on-site registration and data collection event for the nation’s largest-ever autism research study.
- Childhood cancer survivor support expanding for TexansMar 22, 2017
- A recent $1.5 million grant will expand the Passport for Care program, which ensuring that childhood cancer survivors in Texas receive healthcare that meets their unique needs.
- Baylor pediatricians to lend expertise to Medscape ConsultMar 13, 2017
- Baylor College of Medicine and Medscape today announced a collaboration that will connect Baylor pediatricians with physicians using Medscape Consult.
- New palliative care fellowship program part of growing fieldMar 9, 2017
- Palliative care is an emerging field in pediatric subspecialty care, leading to the development of a new pediatric fellowship program at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Factors that affect eating behaviors among food pantry clientsMar 8, 2017
- While it may seem that the cost of food is the main factor that affects eating behaviors among individuals from low-income families who rely on food pantry services, several other factors also may play a part.
- Increased viral load related to less severe disease in RSV Mar 8, 2017
- Researchers at Baylor found that children with less severe RSV had more virus in their body as measured by levels of five RSV genes.