Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Winter 2019: Flash - PDF
Fall 2018: Flash - PDF
Summer 2018: Flash - PDF
Spring 2018: Flash - PDF
Winter 2018: Flash - PDF
Fall 2017: Flash - PDF
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- St. Baldrick’s awards eight faculty with cancer research grantsJul 27, 2017
- The St. Baldrick’s Foundation has announced its 2017 summer grant recipients, including eight from Baylor College of Medicine.
- Substance addiction changes mother’s response to infantJul 26, 2017
- Researchers found that a mother’s brain response to her own infant is modified in the presence of substance addiction.
- Expert gives tips on how to prevent summer brain drainJul 6, 2017
- Summer is a time when most students are able to relax and have fun away from the classroom, but it also can be a time when important lessons learned during the year are forgotten.
- Genomic sequencing may benefit parents of cancer patientsJun 26, 2017
- Researchers report that genomic sequencing information may be more valuable for families of pediatric cancer patients than has previously been recognized.
- Patient-inspired research uncovers new link to rare disorder Jun 22, 2017
- Meeting a young patient with Zellweger syndrome, a rare, life-threatening genetic disease, started a scientific investigation that culminated with an unexpected discovery.
- Grant funds continued research for river blindness vaccine Jun 21, 2017
- The grant will support the continuation of the international initiative TOVA – The Onchocerciasis Vaccine for Africa – which was established in 2015 and is comprised of 13 world-renowned scientists and research centers.
- Researchers to study neurological effects of Zika in childrenJun 19, 2017
- The Vaccine Treatment and Evaluation Unit (VTEU) at Baylor College of Medicine has received funding to conduct an observational study on the neurologic and neurodevelopmental effects of Zika virus among children who are infected in early childhood.
- Study: traditional treatment better for iron-deficiency anemiaJun 13, 2017
- A team of researchers determined that the traditional treatment can more effectively treat iron-deficiency anemia in young children.
- Follistatin is a key player in embryo implantationJun 2, 2017
- Looking to improve the success rate of assisted reproductive technologies, researchers investigated the mechanism involved in successful embryo implantation.
- Mice will help reveal roles of human brown fatJun 2, 2017
- Discovery opens the door to research that might lead to new ways of using brown fat to treat metabolic conditions such as obesity and type 2 diabetes in the future.