Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Fall 2018: Flash - PDF
Summer 2018: Flash - PDF
Spring 2018: Flash - PDF
Winter 2018: Flash - PDF
Fall 2017: Flash - PDF
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- Research reveals path to ependymoma chemotherapyJan 4, 2018
- Dr. Stephen Mack and colleagues have developed a framework for discovering targets in ependymomas, and other cancer that lack known genetic drivers, thereby also providing insights into treatment strategies.
- ‘Tis the season for respiratory virusDec 19, 2017
- Dr. Pedro A. Piedra breaks down the dangers of respiratory syncytial virus, a virus commonly occurring in fall and winter.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand funds Phase 1 neuroblastoma trialDec 4, 2017
- Dr. Andras Heczey and Dr. Leonid Metelitsa received a $1.5 million grant from Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to conduct a first-in-human Phase 1 Neuroblastoma clinical trial.
- Baylor physician-scientist named 2017 STAT Wunderkind Oct 13, 2017
- Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao, an instructor of pediatrics – neurology has been named a 2017 STAT Wunderkind.
- Study reveals benefit of exome sequencing for infants in ICUOct 6, 2017
- A team of physicians and researchers designed a study to determine the efficacy of exome sequencing infants in intensive care units.
- Asthma might be over diagnosed in children born with HIVOct 5, 2017
- Researchers have reassessed the clinical diagnosis of asthma in children born with HIV and found that asthma seems to be overdiagnosed in these patients.
- Teens and domestic violence Oct 4, 2017
- Ruth Buzi says teens too often experience domestic violence and offers advice on spotting the signs.
- Let kids dress to express themselves this Halloween Oct 3, 2017
- Dr. Caroline Klemt discusses what families can do if their child chooses to dress in a costume that may not traditionally be worn for their gender.
- Rally for Research Grant to fund osteosarcoma researchSep 28, 2017
- Baylor College of Medicine has received a Rally for Research Grant from the Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research to support Dr. Tsz-Kwong (Chris) Man and his research in targeting methylome in chemo-resistant osteosarcoma.
- Heparin stimulates food intake, body weight gain in miceSep 5, 2017
- New research suggests that heparin could be a potential target for drugs regulating appetite and weight control.