Pedi Press: A Quarterly Publication of the Department of Pediatrics
Winter 2019: Flash - PDF
Fall 2018: Flash - PDF
Summer 2018: Flash - PDF
Spring 2018: Flash - PDF
Winter 2018: Flash - PDF
Fall 2017: Flash - PDF
Summer 2017: Flash - PDF
Spring 2017: Flash - PDF
Winter 2017: Flash - PDF
Fall 2016: Flash - PDF
Summer 2016: Flash - PDF
Spring 2016: Flash - PDF
Winter 2016: Flash - PDF
October 2015: Flash - PDF
July 2015: Flash - PDF
April 2015: Flash - PDF
January 2015: Flash - PDF
October 2014: Flash - PDF
July 2014: Flash - PDF
April 2014: Flash - PDF
January 2014: Flash - PDF
October 2013: Flash - PDF
July 2013: Flash - PDF
April 2013: Flash - PDF
January 2013: Flash - PDF
Pediatric News Releases
- Gene-modified, virus-specific T cell therapy shows promise in treating lymphoma, with little toxicityJan 25, 2018
- A new study evaluates the safety, survival and anti-tumor activity of tumor-specific T cells rendered resistant to transforming growth factor β (TGFβ), in patients with Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) positive lymphoma.
- Baylor brings community conference, resource fair to El PasoJan 22, 2018
- On Saturday, Jan. 27, Baylor College of Medicine will bring a community conference and resource fair to the El Paso area to provide an educational seminar and support materials for parents of children with special needs.
- Researchers find identical twins share supersimilarityJan 9, 2018
- An international group of researchers has discovered a new phenomenon that occurs in identical twins: independent of their identical genes, they share an additional level of molecular similarity that influences their biological characteristics.
- Research reveals path to ependymoma chemotherapyJan 4, 2018
- Dr. Stephen Mack and colleagues have developed a framework for discovering targets in ependymomas, and other cancer that lack known genetic drivers, thereby also providing insights into treatment strategies.
- ‘Tis the season for respiratory virusDec 19, 2017
- Dr. Pedro A. Piedra breaks down the dangers of respiratory syncytial virus, a virus commonly occurring in fall and winter.
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand funds Phase 1 neuroblastoma trialDec 4, 2017
- Dr. Andras Heczey and Dr. Leonid Metelitsa received a $1.5 million grant from Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to conduct a first-in-human Phase 1 Neuroblastoma clinical trial.
- Baylor physician-scientist named 2017 STAT Wunderkind Oct 13, 2017
- Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao, an instructor of pediatrics – neurology has been named a 2017 STAT Wunderkind.
- Study reveals benefit of exome sequencing for infants in ICUOct 6, 2017
- A team of physicians and researchers designed a study to determine the efficacy of exome sequencing infants in intensive care units.
- Asthma might be over diagnosed in children born with HIVOct 5, 2017
- Researchers have reassessed the clinical diagnosis of asthma in children born with HIV and found that asthma seems to be overdiagnosed in these patients.
- Teens and domestic violence Oct 4, 2017
- Ruth Buzi says teens too often experience domestic violence and offers advice on spotting the signs.